Food & Beverage Policy
All food and beverage must be purchased through an approved and licensed vendor.
The Alumni Center’s exclusive caterer is NDSU Dining. Their menu option and contact information can be found at www.ndsu.edu/dining/catering/
- The use of external food and beverage services will acquire a fee of $400. This fee will be waived if NDSU Dining does not have availability (this excludes wedding cakes).
- To become approved, the caterers must provide a copy of their license, proof of insurance, and meet with the Assistant Director of Events and Facilities to go over proper kitchen procedures at least 2 weeks prior to event
- No home-made food is allowed in the Alumni Center. All food and non-alcoholic beverages consumed in the Alumni Center must be provided by NDSU Dining. (This includes events where only beverages are being served.)
- Absolutely no disposable plates, or silverware are to be used for serving guests during meal service.
- All menu selections, guaranteed number counts, and billing is to be done with the licensee and service provider directly. Any changes in setup needs is to be discussed with both Assistant Director of Events & Facilities and Caterer no later than 5 days prior to event date. Changes made later, could incur additional fees to client or department.
Alcohol Service The serving of alcohol on the Alumni Center premises will comply with the policies of the University System, NDSU, and all city, county and state laws governing alcoholic beverages.
- Food service is required for all events at which alcohol is served. Eighty percent of event participants must be over the age of 21. All guests are required to have a valid I.D. at events where alcohol is served. At the discretion of the Alumni Center staff or catering staff, alcohol service may be denied to anyone who we feel has been overserved.
- No alcohol is allowed at events sponsored by NDSU student organizations, or student focused events hosted by a department or college.
- Unopened supplies of alcohol must be removed from the Alumni Center at the end of the function. No alcohol containers are allowed to be removed from the building once opened.
- No kegs are allowed in the Alumni Center; bottles and cans only.
- All bar and alcohol service will be discontinued 30 minutes prior to the scheduled end of all events.
- An approved list of beverage caterers will be provided by the Alumni Center. No outside vendors from this list will be permitted to pour at an event.
- Self-Serving Bar
Applies to non-NDSU events where the total guest count is 20 guests or less and NDSU departments where a total guest count is 50 guests or less. The host of the event may make beer and wine available to their guests. Beer and wine only, no liquor is allowed. Event must be a private, invitation-only event where alcohol is served to guests at no charge to them.
- The host of the event takes all responsibility and liability for the consumption of the product. No alcohol is ever supplied by the Alumni Center.
- No special designated liquor license is required, however a fee of $50 will be charged to the licensee or department for self-serve set up and clean up.
- Cash or Host Bar
Required for non-NDSU events where the total guest count exceeds 20 guests, and NDSU departments where a total guest count is 50 guests or less or where liquor is requested.
- The licensee or college department will make arrangements for a Licensed Beverage Caterer to operate the bar and a $50 service/clean up charge will be added to the reservation.
- This licensed beverage caterer will be responsible for obtaining the special designated liquor permit upon approval of the Fargo City Council. The request is subject to approval by the Assistant Director of Events and Facilities.
- All licensed beverage vendors must provide Proof of Insurance and Proof of Vendor License at least 2 weeks prior to event, as well as schedule a walk-through of Alumni Center with Assistant Director of Events and Facilities.