Contract, Deposit and Payment:
A contract will be drawn up at the time of booking your reservation. A signed copy is due back (5) business days upon receiving it. A deposit amount, which will be specified in your contract, is due at the same time.
Campus contracts are due back within (5) business days after booking your event to completely secure your reservation. Final payment must be received by due date on your invoice in order to avoid late payment fees.
Cancellation fees apply following the below timeline.
Days prior to the event:
90 days or greater: 100% refund of deposit less a $100 handling fee
89 days to 30: 50% refund of the deposit
29 days or less: No refund
Campus Cancellation Policies:
Days Prior to the Event:
90 or Greater - No Charge
89-30 days prior - 50% of rental fee
29 - 0 days prior - 100% of rental fee
The Alumni Center will provide tables, chairs, bars, buffets and other service tables for the event. Initial set-up and general clean up (except decorations you bring in) is included in your rental rate. Additional set-up needs/changes during the event or excessive clean-up following a reception will be billed at $30 per hour. Table linens are required for all events. If table linens are not included as part of your rental package or catering service, The Alumni Center will provide table linens for an additional cost.
Food and Beverage:
All food and beverage must be purchased from an approved full service caterer. It is the responsibility of the customer to secure their catering from one of the approved caterers listed.
Due to health code regulations:
- No food or beverage can be brought in from an outside source. Wedding cakes are an exception, but must come from a licensed bakery. If you have a special food or beverage item that you would like as a part of your special day, please work with your caterer.
- Non-consumed food and beverage cannot leave the facility and must be disposed of.
Alcohol Service Policies:
The serving of alcohol on the Alumni Center premises will comply with the policies of the University System, NDSU and all city, county, and state laws governing alcoholic beverages. All bars are requested through a contracted bar service that your event coordinator will initially set up.
- Food service is required for all events at which alcohol is served. Eighty percent of event participants must be over the age of 21.
- At the discretion of the Alumni Center staff, bar staff or catering staff, alcohol service may be curtailed to anyone. All guests are required to have a valid I.D. at events where alcohol is served.
- No kegs are allowed in the Alumni Center.
- All bar and alcohol service will be discontinued 30 minutes prior to the scheduled end of all events.
- A $100 set up fee is required for all bars.
- Bars require that a minimum of $400 in sales be met.
- No alcohol may be served at student events unless all of those attending are over the age of 21.
No posters, charts, signs, decorations or other items are allowed to be attached to walls, doors, pillars, stairways or hung from the ceiling or light fixtures. No glitter, table sprinkles, or confetti is allowed. The throwing of rice, birdseed, silly string, soap bubbles or confetti is not permitted inside the Center. Birdseed and soap bubbles are permitted outside the building. All candles used must be enclosed in glass. No open flames are allowed inside or outside the Alumni Center in compliance with state fire regulations.
You’re welcome to bring decorating at the start of your contracted time. If you require additional time, please visit with your event coordinator about rates and availability.
You may hire your own DJ or music group (large amplification systems are not allowed). All music must end by 12:30 a.m. DJ’s and music groups are responsible for all set-up and takedown of their equipment.
Set up of music equipment needs to be finished at least 1 hour prior to the arrival of any guests.
The Alumni Center does not accept responsibility for damage to, or loss of, any merchandise, equipment or articles left in The Alumni Center or in the parking lot or sidewalk areas prior to, during or following an event. If valuable items must be left anywhere in the building, it is recommended that a security firm be retained at the reserving party’s expense. The Alumni Center may request a copy of the client’s personal liability insurance.